It’s the ILLEST Nana – MACheesy!! Cause she’s a bit sweet and spicy. Who’s your MAC MAMA now, Tootz?! Scroll down to get this BaNANA Ketchup Mac and Cheese recipe!
Banana Ketchup again?
By the way, I have been traveling back and forth from Los Angeles to Albuquerque. I have been hauling my stuff to the new house with a nice kitchen. I think Naught-E and I have moved twice this year! Please excuse my ghetto sauce pan and kitchen utensils that were used in the pictures below.
Let’s Get Started With the Banana Ketchup Mac and Cheese
Before we really get started, I had to work with what I had in the fridge. I didn’t have much ingredients to work with because most of my kitchen stuff were either packed up or at the Albuquerque house. This recipe may work for college students living in a dorm or because you didn’t do enough groceries. JK!
Boil half of a bag of the elbow macaronis according to the package. You may want to add salt to your water. Sorry I do not have the pic here but it will make a guest appearance once you scroll down further.
Prep all your goodies. Chop about half a cup the grape tomatoes in halves. Mince 3 gloves of garlic for that fabulous garlic breath. Dice a half to whole jalapeno. Take the seeds out if you can’t take the heat! (wimp!). Now, this is our favorite part – tear jerkers! Dice half of a small yellow onion. Make sure you’re wearing waterproof mascara tootz!
Grab your ghetto sauce pan like mine and add the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and jalapenos. I prefer to this method together so the jalapenos can enhance the flavor and it’ll be less heat on your wimpy tongues. Brown the onions and give the jalapenos some tender love. Then add the G-bits. You’ll love how they smell good.
Add the grape tomatoes. Mix them all together. Make sure you let the juices squirt out. You’ll see them wrinkle like uhmm them little balls. LOL
Pour the pasta sauce and banana ketchup in your ghetto sauce pan and mix. Add the block of cheese. I know this is the unhealthy part of the recipe but this was donated to me by a relative so I needed to make use of it! It was free, you feel me? Anyhow, replace the cheese with a cup or more of your favorite shredded cheese. Simmer on low heat while stirring occasionally to melt the cheese. Then add all the seasoning to taste. I like more of the garlic powder than the salt and pepper because there is a lot of sodium already from the cheese, pasta sauce and the banana ketchup.
You know you can get these crushed red peppers when you order pizza. My momsy is notorious for saving every packet of anything that is free!
Dump your macs into the saucepan and mix. Add the reserved pasta water slowly and little by little cause you don’t want them to turn into soup. Keep mixing until you want what ever consistency you prefer.
Do you solemnly swear, to look at my food blog, and to share this Banana Ketchup Mac and Cheese recipe, on all your social media sites, to help me tootz? Forever and ever?
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
Banana Ketchup Mac and Cheese
Step up your Illest Mac and Cheese game with this sweet and spicy recipe that's easy to make.
- 12oz Elbow Macaroni (dry)
- 12 oz Pasta Sauce
- 6 oz Jufran Banana Sauce
- 1/2 block of cheese or 1 cup of shredded cheeses
- 1/2-1 green jalapeno (diced)
- 3 gloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 small yellow onions (diced)
- 1/2 C grape tomatoes (chopped in halves)
- 1 packet crushed red peppers flakes
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Step 1 Boil the macaroni according to the instructions. Drain and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water. Set both aside.
- Step 2 Heat your sauce pan with the oil on medium heat.
- Step 3 Add the onions and jalapenos. Saute until onions are browned and jalapenos are tender. Next, add the garlic and saute for a few minutes. Then add the grape tomatoes and saute until they are softened.
- Step 4 Pour the pasta sauce and banana sauce in the sauce pan and mix. Add the block of cheese and simmer on low heat while stirring occasionally to melt the cheese.
- Step 5 Add garlic powder, red pepper flakes and salt & pepper. Stir and taste. Add more of the seasonings if needed.
- Step 6 Add the cooked pasta in the sauce pan and mix. Slowly add pasta water little by little if the sauce is too thick. If you want a thinner sauce add all the pasta water.
- Step 7 Decorate and serve.