Happy National Sandwich Day! But it can be every day too! Now, who wants a Patty Melt? A Vegan Patty Melt? I have an easy recipe that can fake your meat eater out.
It’s also Fake It Friday where I create meals for you tootz who have lover(s), family or friends that are meat eaters and want to surprise them with some form of a healthy meal. You may want to check out my Instagram page and follow me where I post “How-To’s” on my instastory or check out my other recipes.
Today, I was in a rush and my son wanted to go home and eat. He wanted a Patty Melt. Good thing I did a mini grocery haul the day before. I went to Wholefoods 365 and bought my vegan necessities for the week: Beyond Meat Burger patties, my favorite Chipotle Bitchin Sauce, Field Roast Tomato Cayenne Chao Cheese, organic carrots, grape tomatoes, mixed greens, quinoa, jerkies, etc. Like I said, you would have to catch me on Instagram to see them!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
Vegan Patty Melt
Honestly, this doesn’t have to be Vegan or Plant Based. Use what you have. Grab your bread of choice and toast them with butter. I used Earth Balance and smeared it lightly. Get your ghetto banged up pan like mine and heat your oil until they make oily fireworks. Add the Beyond Burger patties cause they come in a pair. Add your ‘secret’ seasonings of choice on both sides. If you don’t have a “secret” seasoning, then add the basic salt and pepper and talk about sex. LOL! Cook for about 4 minutes on each side and add the Field Roast Tomato Cayenne Chao slices. Cover your pan to melt the cheeses. When it looks all melty, grab one of the toasts, add the patty with the melted cheese, then set aside on a plate. Grilled your tear jerkers until fragrant. On the picture, I was testing out frying it in whole slices. Of course, it didn’t come out perfect like I had hoped for but who cares. It’s the tastes that counts! Now, add the tear jerkers to on top of the melted cheese, your tomatoes, then your mixed greens. On the other toastie, spread the Chipotle Bitchin Sauce.
Boom! There’s your Vegan Patty Melt Tootz!
Vegan Patty Melt
An easy Patty Melt with all the simple fixins
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread (or bread of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vegan butter (optional to toast bread)
- 1-2 tablespoon oil (EVOO)
- 1 slice of Field Roast Tomato Cayenne Chao Cheese
- 1 Beyond Meat burger patty
- 1-2 tablespoon Chipotle Bitchin Sauce
- 1 whole sliced sweet onion
- tomato slices
- mixed greens
- salt + pepper (optional)
- Step 1 Toast the slices of bread with butter
- Step 2 Heat oil in pan
- Step 3 Season your burger patty on both sides with your “secret” seasonings or use salt + pepper then add to the pan.
- Step 4 Fry the burger patty for 4 mins, then flip over and fry for another 4 mins.
- Step 5 Add the slice of cheese and cover until it melts.
- Step 6 Grab one of your toasts, add your mixed greens and tomato slices.
- Step 7 Then add the patty with the melted cheese
- Step 8 Fry your onion whole or saute them in the same pan until fragrant for a few minutes. Top it off on the burger patty
- Step 9 Get your other toast and spread the Chipotle Bitchin sauce.
- Step 10 Boom! Devour it!