Soyrizo Eggy Bowl
Start off your hang over recovery by mouth bombing on this Soyrizo Eggy Bowl for breakfast! It’s easy to make!
Well, you don’t have to have this Soyrizo Eggy Bowl for breakfast. It can be eaten at any time of the day. You know why?… Cause you’re probably hung over and waking up late! That’s what I thought! I’ll keep this post short because it’s pretty easy to make if you have the ingredients on hand and in your fridge.
Soyrizo is the non-meat version of Chorizo. I bought this particular one from Trader Joe’s. Of course, it’s Vegan. I’m sure most of you do your groceries there too. You can grab the meat version and use that too. While you’re there, grab some eggs cause you’ll want to fry some eggs with this. What is great about using this soyrizo, is that it isn’t in the raw form. All you need to do is cook it until it’s brown just as how you would cook any ground meat.
So here is how you get started:
Pull out that long sausage. Cut it in half like how Lorena Bobbit did to her hubby, LOL. You can save the other half for later. Remove the casing from the half as if you were to remove the condom off of your Tootz’s thang-thang. Squeeze it into a bowl or on your heated oiled pan if you want to get it going. The “meat” is already seasoned so no need to add salt. Too much sodium! Unless you like that salty flavor, by all means go for it. Fry til it’s brown.
I added some potatoes and shrooms cause that’s what I had in my fridge. Then sauteed them with garlic bits and minced onions. I might have added a little cayenne pepper to add some kick to the soyrizos mix.
Then serve with rice, or brown rice, or quinoa, or cauli rice if that’s your new fancy rice now…
There you have it – Soyrizo Eggy Bowl!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products I personally use and love, or think my readers will find useful. Thanks Tootz!
Soyrizo Eggy Bowl
For the hungover person who's hungry!
- 1/2 Soyrizo or Chorizo
- 1 or 2 Eggs
- 1 minced Garlic Clove
- 1/4 chopped Onions
- 1 Russet Potato cubes
- 1/4 Cup Crimini Mushrooms
- Garlic Powder to taste
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Dried Chives - Optional
- 1 Tblspn oil for the Soyrizo
- 1 Tblspn oil to fry egg
- 1 Cup of Rice
- Step 1 Heat and oil the pan.
- Step 2 Cut open the soyrizo and remove from the casing. Add to the pan. Fry until brown.
- Step 3 Microwave the potato for 2-3 mins. Let it cool. Remove skin and chop into cubes. Add to the soyrizo in the pan.
- Step 4 Add the mushrooms and mix into soyrizo and potatoes.
- Step 5 Add garlic powder, cayenne powder, and/or salt to taste. Set soyrizo mixture aside.
- Step 6 Grab you egg pan. Add the other oil and heat. Crack your egg and fry however way you want. Sprinkle garlic powder, cayenne powder and chives once done.
- Step 7 Serve over rice